Saturday, October 17, 2009

Graham Cracker Cookie Recipe


My sister-in-law Ashley made these in lieu of sugar cookies and they looked great! Here's the recipe. I'm going to try it out this week!

I would link you to where I got this but I honestly don't remember. Somewhere in blogland.

1/2 c flour
2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c sugar
1/2tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter, cold and cut up
2 T honey
1 T molasses
1/4 c water, plus more if too dry

Combine all the dry ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Cut in the butter until the texture is dry and crumbly.

In a small bowl, Mix the honey, molasses, and water. Mix with the dry ingredients until blended in the food processor. Pulse the dough until it forms a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.

Preheat over to 350. Roll the dough out onto a floured surface. Roll the dough thin and cut with cookie cutters or you can attempt traditional graham cracker shape. Place on a cookie sheet

Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Store in airtight container. They will keep for awhile.

My advice from my whole one time of making them. Thinner is better. And make sure you cook them until crisp. They are kinda nasty if still doughy. But I liked em and my kids loved them.

2 comments:

  1. totally fine that you posted this. I totally forgot about this site. I will add it to my reader so I remember it and hopefully start posting to it. How'd Ashton like his jack o lantern quesidilla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making it tomorrow as part of our in-house preschool! It will be fabulous. I hope you post stuff on here because you're full of great ideas and recipes!!

    ReplyDelete