Friday, August 28, 2009

Molten Chocolate Cake by Shiloh C

Molten Chocolate Cake

Description:
One of the best desserts I have ever made/eaten. So easy to
make and soooo good. The "lava" inside reminds me of the
Leatherby's hot fudge. This is pure evil. You must be a
chocolate lover, it is very chocolaty! They are evil because they
are so easy and quick to make.


Ingredients:
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tablespoons flour


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place
on a cookie sheet. Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high
for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is also
melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir
in flour. Divide between the cups. Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are
firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute. Invert cake onto a plate and
top with whipped cream.

**I cooked mine a minute or two longer since I have a gas oven and it
generally takes a little longer. I have made this a few times lately for
friends and my favorite is using 2 semi-sweet squares and 2 bitter sweet
or unsweetened squares so it isn't as sweet. It is best when served with
whipped cream you whip up with a little bit of sugar :)


Number Of Servings:4

Preparation Time:14 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment