Friday, March 5, 2010

Chipotle Salad with Quinoa, Black Beans and more

I got this recipe from Katie and it was
a) very healthy
b) very tasty!

Since those two qualities are usually mutually exclusive, I thought I'd share this lovely recipe.  I loved it and felt very healthy.  I didn't know the real name so I made up the one above.  Sorry Katie!  ha ha Oh and I added some descriptions in case you're as ignorant as me on some of these ingredients...

2 c. frozen corn (or canned) roasted in skillet or toaster oven
1 1/2 c. cooked and chilled quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) and found at Costco
15 oz. black beans (or other), rinsed
1 c. sliced hickama (it's a big root by the ginger, etc. flavor/texture like water chestnut)
1/2 c. toasted nuts
2/3 c. feta cheese
1/2 c. roasted red peppers
Chipotle-ranch dressing (or Cafe Rio Tomatillo dressing is good)
3 c. raw spinach

Prepare all ingredients except spinach and mix in large bowl.  Put 1 1/2 c. of spinach on plate and pour salad over and enjoy!  Serve chilled and add more dressing if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment