Okay so I know you'll all be shocked that I'm finally posting and when I do it's a recipe for cookies using beans! But I'm a believer now! I got this recipe from a book called "I Can't Believe It's Food Storage" and the cookies turned out great when I used chocolate instead of raisins! I even gave them away. So if you're feeling brave...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Low Fat
1 c. whole cooked white beans (pureed in blender or just mix with sugar-used instead of 1 c. butter)
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
3 c. quick-cooking oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2 c. choc chips or raisins
Cream together beans and sugar, eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture. If dough is too sticky, add a little water. (Mine was fine.) Drop by rounded tablespoons and bake at 375 for 8-10 min. ENJOY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment